Need some drink recipe ideas for your Chicago July 4th party this year? If you really want to impress your guests and show off your American pride this year, you definitely need to check out these drink recipes! Not only are these drinks festive and sport a red, white, and blue color, but they’re also delicious! Try out these drink recipes this year and make your Chicago July 4th party one to remember.
Chicago July 4th Party Drink Recipes
Red, White, and Blue Daiquiris
These red, white, and blue daiquiris combine frozen fruits and alcohol into a delicious drink perfect for your guests at your Chicago July 4th party. Watermelon, strawberry, and coconut are just some of the flavors that you’ll experience while you sip on this frozen July 4th drink.
[prime_cq_vc_modal buttontext=”Click here for this red, white, and blue daiquiri recipe.”]
- Begin by making the red layer: Put the frozen strawberries, watermelon, lime juice, rum, sugar and ice in the carafe of a blender. Blend until thick and smooth. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water if the consistency is too thick. Transfer to a large measuring cup or small bowl and place in the freezer while you make the next layer.
- For the white layer: Rinse out the blender and add the coconut sorbet, rum, lime juice and ice. Blend until thick and smooth. Transfer to another large measuring cup or small bowl and place in the freezer while you make the final layer.
- For the blue layer: Rinse out the blender and add the passion fruit liqueur, lime juice, blue curacao, rum, sugar and ice cubes. Blend until slushy and there are no chunks of ice left.
- Pour the red layer into the bottom of six 8-ounce glasses, about 1/3 cup each. Gently spoon 1/3 cup of the white layer over the red layer so they stay separate. Finish by spooning 1/3 cup of the blue layer over the second layer in each glass.
Fireworks Piña Colada
Are you a fan of piña coladas? If so, this red, white, and blue piña colada is just what you need for your Chicago July 4th party! This festive twist on one of your favorite classic drinks will not only please your taste buds, but also your friends!
[prime_cq_vc_modal buttontext=”Click here for this July 4th pina colada recipe.”]
- 6 oz frozen strawberries
- 2 tbs white rum
- 2 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 c coconut cream
- 1/2 c Blue Curaçao
- 1/2 c crushed pineapple
- 1/4 c white rum
- whipped cream or coconut cream, optional
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add frozen strawberries. Cook, stirring, until defrosted and somewhat liquid. Add 2 tbs white rum and blend with a hand-blender or transfer to a blender and puree. Divide between 2 glasses.
- Clean out the blender if it was used for the strawberries and add crushed ice, coconut cream, blue curaçao, pineapple and remaining rum. Blend until combined. Slowly pour into the glasses.
- Top with whipped cream or coconut cream, if desired.
This July 4th drink combines cake vodka with blueberry schnapps for a drink that’s not only appealing to the eyes, but also your taste buds!
[prime_cq_vc_modal buttontext=”Click here for this delicious July 4th celebration cocktail!”]
- 1 1/2 ounces cake vodka
- 1 ounce blueberry schnapps
- 3 ounces lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- In a shaker, add ice, cake vodka and blueberry schnapps.
- Shake and dump everything into a cocktail glass.
- Add more ice until glass is filled 3/4 full.
- Pour sprite on top.
- Pour grenadine down the side of the glass.
Want to add a little pop to your Chicago July 4th celebration? Try rimming this cocktail with pop rocks for a tasty drink with a popping surprise!
[prime_cq_vc_modal buttontext=”Click here for this cocktail recipe and serve up your own mini fireworks show!”]
- 1/2 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Midori melon liqueur
- 1/2 oz Chambord raspberry liqueur
- 3 splashs Pineapple juice
- Drop Watermelon Pop Rocks on top
1. Simply dampen the edges of your glass with lemon juice. If you have trouble with the pop rocks clumping or sticking, you can try dipping them in a thin layer of caramel (but only use a small amount).
2. Then dip the rims into a plate filled with the pop rocks of choice.We love the Tropical Bluecolor for a patriotic blue color that is perfect when paired with a cranberry cocktail for the 4th of July!
Serve up this classic sangria at your Chicago July 4th party with star shaped pineapples and blueberries to create a real patriotic drink. White wine and berry-flavored vodka are the keys to this sangria recipe.
[prime_cq_vc_modal buttontext=”Click here for this fruity July 4th sangria recipe!”]
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (see tips below)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl or pitcher and stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Serve well-chilled with a good scoop of fruit floating in each drink, or serve over ice.