Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a coronavirus. The virus has been detected in numerous locations internationally, including in the United States.
At iEvents.com, the safety, health and wellbeing of our guests and staff are our number one priority.
There have been no reported cases of the virus in our operations, we are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization’s (WHO) statements regarding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases and following the guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
To assist our guests’ booking decisions with iEvents.com during the evolving worldwide COVID-19 situation, iEvents.com is making temporary changes to our cancellation policy:
- If your event is cancelled because public health authorities’ decisions, we will fully refund your purchase.
- If you are unable to join your experience due to an illness or because of travel to a restricted area (CDC Warning Level 3 region), we will apply the deposit you have made toward any future experience offered in 2020.
Protecting yourself from cold, flu, influenza and coronavirus
Some ways to protect yourself include:
- Avoid close contact (such as handshakes, hugs etc) with people, especially those who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care
For more information on protecting yourself from coronavirus, please review the information provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information on facts and figures, you can visit the World Health Organization’s Coronavirus Disease situation reports.