Your New Year’s Eve celebration deserves a good drink for sipping and sharing with your friends. There’s nothing better than enjoying a nice drink with your friends as you get ready to bring in the New Year. We know finding the perfect drink recipe for your party can be hard, so we put together some drinks that you definitely should serve at your Chicago New Year’s Eve party. Check out these great drink recipes and enjoy your New Year’s celebration with a good drink in your hand!
How could you not have champagne at your Chicago New Year’s Eve party? This champagne punch is a great drink to serve for your friends as you celebrate New Year’s Eve. Not only will this recipe be delicious but it’s made to serve a big group! The pomegranate juice not only adds a tart twist to your champagne but also creates a festive color! Add in some pomegranate seeds to garnish and create the perfect drink for your Chicago New Year’s Eve party! Check out the recipe for this festive punch below and satisfy your friends this year.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 750-ml bottles chilled brut Champagne
- 1 1/2 cups white rum
- 1 1/4 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 ice block
- Bring 1/2 cup water and sugar to boil in small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes. Cool syrup completely.
- Combine Champagne, rum, and pomegranate juice in punch bowl. Add enough syrup to sweeten to taste.
- Mix in lemon slices, pomegranate seeds, and mint leaves. Add ice block to bowl.
If you’re a fan of whiskey, then this holiday drink is perfect for you. Sip on this fresh cranberry and spice blended cocktail while you celebrate at your Chicago New Year’s Eve party this year! This drink combines cranberry and spice for a drink with a kick. This drink will definitely set the holiday mo0d for your party as your guests enjoy the tastes of cinnamon and cranberry with a refreshing fizz from the seltzer. Get the recipe for this cranberry holiday drink below!
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 stick cinnamon
- 2 whole star anise
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 1 c. fresh cranberries
- 6 oz. rye whiskey (such as McKenzie)
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- Lime slices
- In a small pot over medium heat, stir sugar in 1 cup water until dissolved to create simple syrup; reserve 1/4 cup.
- Place spices on an 8-inch square of cheesecloth and secure with twine to create a sachet; crush spices lightly. Add sachet and cranberries to simple syrup. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and discard sachet.
- In a shaker, mix 4 teaspoons cranberry mixture, whiskey, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice. Pour into 4 glasses with ice. Top each with a splash of seltzer; garnish with lime.
This drink is perfect if you want to serve up something a little different at your Chicago New Year’s Eve party. This spicy drink combines jalapeño with citrus for a unique drink to serve. Pour up this drink and treat your friends to a not so typical drink for the night. Only caution with this drink is to taste your jalapeños before serving just to make sure they aren’t too spicy! Get the recipe for this drink below and serve up some spice at your Chicago New Year’s Eve party.
- 1–2 jalapeño slices
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ounces tequila reposado
- 2 ounces fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- Grapefruit slice (for serving)
- Muddle jalapeño and sugar in a cocktail shaker. Add tequila, grapefruit juice, and lime juice; fill shaker with ice.
- Shake until outside of shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice and garnish with
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice and garnish with grapefruit slice.